STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe the Old and New Testament Scriptures are the verbally and plenarily inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed and are the final authority for faith and life. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are the complete and divine revelation of God to man. The Scriptures shall be interpreted according to their normal grammatical-historical meaning, and all issues of interpretation and meaning shall be determined by the Pastor. The King James Version of the Bible shall be the official and only translation used by the church ( 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God redeem sinful men ( Isa. 7:14, 9:6, Luke 1:35, John 1:1-2, 14; 2 Cor. 5:19-21; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8).
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His sacrifice on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice, and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead ( Acts 2:18-36, Rom. 3:24-25; Eph. 1:7, 1 Pet. 2:24, 1 Peter 1:3-5).
4. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Acts 1:9-19; Rom. 8:34, Heb. 9:24; I John 2:1-2).
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement; and, that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption ( John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9, 1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 3:6, Eph. 1:13-14).
6. We believe that He is the divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and that it is the privilege and duty of all saved to be filled with the Spirit ( Eph, 1:17-18; 5:18; I John 2:20, 27).
7. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of spiritual gifts to every believer. God uniquely uses evangelism, pastors, and teachers to equip believers in the church to do the work of the ministry ( Rom. 12:3-8, 1 Cor. 12: 4-11, 28: Eph. 4: 7-12).
8. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God; but that in Adam’s sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. Man is totally depraved and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition ( Gen. 1:26-27; Rom, 3:22-23, 5:12; 6:23; Eph. 2:1-3; 4:17-19).
9. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who shed His blood on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. We believe that all sins, except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, are forgivable ( Matt. 12:31-31, John 1:12, Eph. 1:7, 2:8-10; 1 Pet. 1: 18-19; 1 John 1:9).
10. We believe that once a person is saved, he is kept by God’s power and remains secure in Christ forever (John 6:37- 40, 10:27-20; Rom. 8:1, 38-39; I Cor. 1:4-8; I Pet. 1:4-5).
11. We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word; which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh ( Rom. 13:13-14; Gal. 5:13; Titus 2: 11-15).
12. We believe that believers should remain a godly testimony and live in such a way that their lives do not bring reproach upon their Savior. God commands His people to separate from all religious apostasy, all worldy and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations, and to refrain from all immodest and immoderate appearances, piercings, and bodily markings. We stand against any and all worldly philosophies that seek to destroy or undermine the truth of Biblical Christianity (Lev. 19:28; Rom. 12:1-2, 14:13, 1 Cor. 6:19-20; 2 Tim. 3: 1-5, 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 9-11).